Just a place for our families to stay updated on us while Cassie is in grad school and we are away from home....this is our never quiet life.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Yikes!






This last week has been a bit of a rollercoaster! I finally found out the reason for my occasional bouts of severe abdominal pain as I had an entire day of searing pain in the right upper quadrant....yep, you guessed it! My gallbladder was BAD! So, I listened to the doctor and had it removed on Saturday morning. I had to miss classes, practicum, cancel my class, and spend 3 days in the hospital. My poor Hannah and Alex had to go stay with their grandparents while Adam had to miss work to stay with me...I tried going back to school today and was only able to stay long enough to teach. Partly because I was hurting and tired and partly because the faculty and the powers that be and my fellow students all told me to "deal with my silly decision to teach today" and then go home and rest....so I did! I also was given the go ahead to cancel my practicums this week, so I get more time to just be at home relaxing and resting. I am so glad that I have supportive professors at school, supportive friends, and supportive family! I am sooo lucky that I had some wonderful friends who conducted my meeting today and that Adam was so willing to take me to school and pick me up again.....AND he carried my rolling bag in and up the first flight of stairs to the elevator for me since I cannot lift anything over 5 lbs right now.
It's really hard not being able to eat my normal comfort foods, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart that I really needed to keep me on the healthy eating track....No caffeine for 6 days now, so I am gonna try to keep that up...drinking lots of water and decaf tea with sweetnlow! I can't have fried foods right now and I have to keep grease and fat content down, so I really think this could work out for the best. I have lost 10 lbs since Wednesday (mainly due to the fact that I was NPO and on full liquids for my entire hospital stay), but I am hoping I can keep it off. It would be a good start to my continued weight loss!

Above are a few pics of the kiddos playing with my photobooth on my mac!

~ Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment